Young Dancer's Ballet Intensive
Ballet Intensive 2023
August 14-25th | 9:00a-5:00p
This intensive is just right for intermediate dancers ages 7 and up, who’ve been dancing for several years and loves ballet. During the intensive, dancers take their ballet class every morning; they also take conditioning, choreography, or educational classes. Dancers work with guest teachers from the professional ballet world.
Some FAQs regarding the the ballet intensive.
- Where will the intensive take place? The intensive will take place at The Dance Connection’s Hillsborough NJ location – 1 Jill Ct Ste 12, Hillsborough. NJ 08844
- Who can attend the intensive? Placement is required before enrolling. Any dancer who is currently enrolled in a Dance Connection ballet class at level 3 or 4 is automatically approved. Level 2 dancers are encouraged to apply. Speak to Mr. David or Miss Lauren about placement. New to the Dance Connection? Contact us to schedule a placement class.
- What do dancers do during the intensive? Dancers will take a variety of ballet related classes:
– Ballet Class – Dancers take a full ballet class at the start of their intensive day.
– Conditioning – These classes include stretching, strengthening, and conditioning. In addition to being skillful, a dancer must be strong and flexible!
– Ballet Choreography – Instructors choose appropriate choreography from professional ballets to teach our young dancers.
– Skills Specific Class – Dancers focus on a single skill and go deep into the technical aspects of that skill.
– Educational Classes – Anatomy, Ballet History, Costuming, Performance Psychology… Educational classes are non-movement classes that increase a dancer’s knowledge of the dance world.
– Other Activities – Of course, your dancer will also have time for lunch and small breaks during the day. There will even be some free time when dancers can socialize, practice on their own or just rest a bit.
- What does the intensive costs? The intensive will cost $779 for the 2 weeks. A single week is $419.
Placement is required. Please fill out the form below to set up an evaluation.