Dance Studio Policies
- Connect With Us
- Your Parent Portal
- Dance Class Attire (and hair)
- Tuition and Fees
- West Windsor Facilities
- Click here for a copy of the 2022-2023 calendar
100% Guarantee – We want you to be 100% happy here and we’re confident that we can provide the best dance experience in the area. At The Dance Connection we are teaching artists and educators. Our mission is to take care of you, and your family. If this is your first time with us and you decide within the first 4 weeks that the class is not working, we’ll gladly refund your tuition and registration fee. Our only requirement is that your child is present for at least 3 of their classes in the first month.
Connect With Us
At The Dance Connection, we’re great about getting back to you and communicating in a timely manner. If you ever have questions, there are many ways to contact us….
📞 Call Hillsborough: (908) 874-8800
📞 Call West Windsor: (609) 353-1190
📱 Text: (908) 892-1056
📧 Email: Move@DanceConnectionNJ.com
💻 Website: https://www.danceconnectionnj.com/
🏡 In-Person: 1 Jill Court, Ste 12 & 14, Hillsborough NJ, 08844
⏱ Office Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30-8:00 p.m., Saturday 9:30a.m.-1:00p.m.
📧 Email – Our Primary Mode of Communication Our primary mode of communication is email. Please maintain a valid email on your account and make sure Move@DanceConnectionNJ.com is on your email safe list. The Dance Connection cannot be responsible if an important email does not reach you due to an invalid email address, or spam filter.
Your Parent Portal
This is the link to the Parent Portal. Your Parent Portal gives you access to your child’s dance class schedule. You can also update your billing information and register for new classes through the portal. If you’ve never accessed the portal, you can use the “Reset Password” option to log in. Your account is connected to whichever email address you gave us when you registered for classes for the first time.
Dance Class Attire (and Hair)
🛍 The Dance Connection Boutique – For your convenience, our boutique stocks many of the items you need. Plus, our prices are competitive with all online dance retailers. We also carry Dance Connection swag and we sell combo packages for some classes. Stop in and browse.
- Ballet Adventures classes — Your choice of pink, purple, or black leotard, with pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Hair should be neat and out of face, preferably secured into a bun. Please avoid long skirts and detachable skirts. a leotard with no skirt is best. Male dancers should wear the same as for Ballet Levels 1 and up. For these classes, we have a specially-priced leotard, tights, & slippers combo at our boutique. Just ask in the office.
- Ballet Classes (Levels 1+) – All female dancers in Ballet Levels 1 and up should wear black leotards, pink tights, and pink ballet slippers. All male dancers in Ballet Levels 1 and up should wear a snug white t-shirt and black tights, or spandex shorts. No shorts, skirts or hanging jewelry are allowed. All hair must be pulled back and out of face. Long hair must be secured in a bun with bobby pins or barrettes
- Jazz, Lyrical & Tap — All female dancers should wear jazz pants and a snug tank top. Dance shorts, bra tops or leotards with tights are acceptable too. Dance shorts may be worn over leotards and tights. No loose, baggy t-shirts, and no t-shirts with frills. All male dancers can wear snug-fitting sweatpants or sports shorts. Please avoid pants with pockets when possible. All hair must be out of the face.
- Jazz Dancers should have jazz shoes. We advise black slip-on jazz shoes.
- Lyrical Dancers should have Pirouettes shoes
- Tap Dancers should have black tap shoes.
- Broadway Jazz/Tap — Same as for Jazz, Lyrical & Tap above. Broadway Star Combo dancers need both jazz & tap shoes.
- Hip-Hop Classes (Including Lil’ Hop) — Athletic sneakers are best. (New Balance, Nike, Adidas, Puma etc.) We advise against dance sneakers. Jazz pants or sweats with a snug t-shirt or tank top are best. No denim, khakis, or corduroy. Avoid loose, baggy t-shirts. No t-shirts with frills please. All hair must remain out of the face. Please note: Absolutely no outside shoes will be allowed on our dance floors for the reasons mentioned below!
- Acro Class — Leotard and a messy bun is acceptable. Whatever is worn must be tight-fitting, as loose-fitting clothing can be dangerous. No ponytails.
😧 👟Dance Shoes are Inside-Only Footwear — Absolutely no outside shoes are allowed on the studio floor! We have a special floor that’s designed just for dance. The linoleum is much softer and more flexible than a commercial linoleum floor. It feels great to dance on because it’s supple, but it can be easily damaged by dirt, pebbles, and grime.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition is Billed Monthly – Tuition is NOT based on the number of classes in a month. Tuition is based on the yearly tuition which is divided up into 10 equal payments, which are charged September through June. Yes, fall/winter have more holidays than the spring, the monthly charge is the same. We end the season the third week of June, which means no classes the last week of June. It is impractical to charge different rates each month based on the number of classes that month. All families are billed automatically on the first of each month. Please keep a valid credit card on file.
– 30-minute class: $59/month
– 45–60-minute classes: $87/month
– classes more than 75 minutes: $109/month
– Registration fee: $35/Student, $50/family
Costume fee: $98/dancer/class (collected with December tuition)
Discounts* – Discounts are calculated per family and are applicable to classes only.
– 2 Classes/Family – 10% off
– 3 Classes/Family – 15% off
– 4 Classes/Family – 20% off
– 5 or more Classes/Family – 25% off
* The following fees do not count towards multi-class discounts: Nutcracker fees, Costume Fees, and Dance Team fees.
Refunds and Discontinuation
- If you decide to discontinue classes, please notify us via email. Completely new (to The Dance Connection) families will be given a full refund (tuition and registration fee) only if you decide to discontinue within the first 4 weeks of joining us. Other refunds are given at the discretion of The Dance Connection.
- If a refund is approved, it will be prorated from the date we received notification of your child’s discontinuation.
- There are no refunds for missed classes. However, we encourage your child to make up missed classes in another class that is appropriate for your child’s age and level. Due to recital preparations, no make-up classes are allowed after April 1st! ⭐️
West Windsor Facilities
All West Windsor classes meet at The Windsor Athletic Club for our dance classes. Use of the WAC facilities such as the pool, fitness center, basketball court etc. is only permitted for WAC members. We encourage all parents to stay and watch your child’s class near the dance studio.
The recital is usually the 2nd or 3rd week in June. Every class will perform a recital dance. Your child’s teacher will start rehearsing the recital dance in January or February.
A costume fee will be added to December tuition automatically. Because almost every family participates, we assume that your chid will be part of the recital, and a costume fee is automatically added to your December tuition. If you register for class/classes after December, our office staff will automatically add the costume fee to your balance.
What if my family is out of town on the recital date? Almost every child does the recital. If your family happens to be travelling on the recital date and your child cannot participate in the recital, please let us know.
The Recital Packet. Further information about the recital, including hair, make up, tickets, scheduling, and more, will be included in the recital packet, which is distributed in the spring.