Updated COVID-19 Precautions
The following protocols are based on recommendations from local, state, and federal agencies, and were reviewed by multiple health professionals. The below protocols are updated and are enforced for the 2021–2022 School Year.
We reserve the right to adjust these protocols based on the changing circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic. The safety and health of our Dance Connection Families is of the utmost importance.
All procedures are mandatory unless noted otherwise.
Our Simple Mask Policy:
- Everyone 3 years and older must wear a face mask in the lobby, office, hallway, dressing room, and bathrooms. Everyone must wear a mask in these locations regardless of vaccination status. All masks must be work over the nose and mouth.
- Dances will be allowed to remove their masks during class at the discretion of the teacher and when they are in their spots. Please keep your child’s mask handy, as students may not be able to maintain their distance during all parts of class. THIS OPTION IS ON HOLD FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY 2022. ALL PERSONS WILL WEAR MASKS.
- Dance Connection faculty and staff will always wear masks.
We will continue to do the following:
- Extra Cleaning
- Though we have always cleaned our studios daily, we are intensifying our daily cleaning processes by wiping down spaces multiple times a day, with ballet barres and surfaces being wiped down in between classes.
- Distancing in Studio & Lobby
- We’ve taped spaces on the floors in the studio so that dancers have clear social distance markings to follow. We’ve also adjusted the layout of the lobby so our dancers maintain social distancing while they are entering and exiting.
- Staggered breaks
- Teachers are staggering water breaks and bathroom breaks.
We continue to ask for your help to keep all our families safe:
- Everyone entering the studio must wear a mask. All teachers, staff, students and family members entering the studio will be required to wear masks.
- Masks must be worn properly. All masks must be worn properly covering the nose and chin.
- During class, dancers will be allowed to take their masks off, but remain distanced. If dancers cannot remain safely distanced, they will be asked to put their mask back on.
- During intense exercise, dancers will be allowed to remove their mask, at the teacher’s discretion provided they maintain social distancing at all times. No dancer may remove their mask without first asking permission from the teacher.
- No food is allowed in the studio. We’ve removed the coffee machine. We ask that you only send your child with water. Summer camp and team dancers who are at the studio for long periods of time will be instructed on where and when they can eat.
- Bring only what you need
- Dancers should arrive at class dressed and ready for class. Please bring only your shoes and a water bottle. Avoid bringing a dance bag if possible. The dressing room will be off limits.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizer
- We ask that all dancers use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the studio. Instructors and students will wash hands between classes and during breaks.
- Feeling sick?
- No dancer should come to the studio if they are feeling under the weather, or sick in the slightest. If you or your family has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please do your part and self-quarantine for 14 days.
Nothing is more important to us than the well-being of our families, so if you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies, please contact us.